RD400 / RD350 / RD250 / R5 Parts
The two-stroke bullies. In 1972 Yamaha released the 350cc R5. In the same year, Yamaha 250 and 350 twins left the four-stokes behind. A four-stroke motor would not win Daytona until 1985. The fact is Yamaha for the record won thirteen consecutive times. These small two-strokes could not be beat. These were production out of the box stock, powerful, high rpm motors that would take the harsh punishment that was built into a small, lightweight package. The earlier models were piston port induction up to the year 1973.
Yamaha then introduced the Reed Valve induction system creating even more controllable power. This design was certainly a people pleaser. RD’s became a top selling bike in the U.S. They were also known to become an excellent production-class road racer. The perfect choice for the privateer racer. The RD’s also had taken their place as the local street racer or custom Café bike to own.
In 1976 the RD350 was replaced by the increased piston displacement and stroke length of the RD400. This motorcycle also had it reigns on and off the track. Yamaha keeping its two-stroke “king of the hill” claim to fame until 1979 when the factory production street two-stroke journey came to its end.
One of the emerging trends over the last several years has been the ease in creating these two-stroke screamers into customized café and custom street machines or you can just do a complete restoration. MikesXS has a very experienced team of professionals that can help answer any questions you might have on your custom project.
Mikesxs.net was started in 2001 with the Yamaha rider in mind and has continuously been one of the largest and most comprehensive supplier of vintage Yamaha parts. MikesXS carries everything you need to service your motorcycle, including: high output charging systems (PMA kit), hard tail frames, big bore kits, petcocks, oem type oil filters, carburetor (carb) kits, brake calipers, clutch repair kits, master cylinders, gasket sets, 7/8 inch handlebars, cam chain guides and many other items! All of the inventory listed on our site is in stock and usually ships within 24 hours. We ship all over the world from the United States to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, UK, France, Germany and over 50 other countries
We are proud to have many of our parts manufactured for us by the very same factories that made the original OEM parts and we also support and carry parts from custom parts builders like Hugh's Handbuilt, Monster Craftsman, TC Bros, Pamco, XS Charge, Analog Cycles, Moto Gadget and many other custom motorcycle fabrication parts.
*please see product pages for specific fitment information
Items 1-48 of 208
- Part #34-3182H 2.15x18 36 hole shouldered aluminum rim BlackHard to find. Works with XS650, XS400 36 spoke hubs. Classic 36 spoke pattern works with other vintage bikes but we cannot guarantee which. This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money.Dot approved.Great for chopper, bobber and ra...
- Part #34-0007WM 2.5x18x36 hole Rim, polished aluminum.Very hard to find new. Classic 36 hole pattern will work with many vintage bikes. Works with XS650, XS400.This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money.Great for chopper and bobber projects.DOT approved.
- Part #17-6805Ignition Coil - Exact replacement original type coil for all XS650's with contact point ignitions. Replaces original coils that are weak from heat and age and restores spark strength to the ignition system. Hitachi type CM11-50/50B/52A 4 Ohm primary - 2 required per bike. Plug wires not included.OEM Ref.# 254-82310-60-...
- Part #10-2006XS650 Fuse Boxes located on top of the battery are a part of the original wiring harness and have not been available separate, we now offer a copy of this box as shown plus matching terminal block & terminals + the battery top cover it attaches to. Cut the old fuse box from your main harness, attach the connector b...
- Part #08-6008Early brake Caliper with pads assembly (72-76) Fits Right or Left side XS650OEM reference number: 306-25810-09-00Also fits: RD350 73
- Part #08-0255Master Cylinder Assembly - 13mm. bore (for single Front disc brake) Yamaha OEM type. Complete with brake lever, brake light switch, banjo bolt and banjo bolt washers (Pr.). Recommended for 1977-84 XS650's Mirror mount has left hand Threads.For single disc brake.Also fits RD250, RD350, RD400, XS750 Standard 1977-79, XS8...
- Part #29-3211Rear Brake Shoes ( 2pc.set ) Fits: Rear wheel drum brake's on all 1970-84 XS/TX 650's Also compatible with:RD250 73-77, RD250 LC 80-82, RZ250 80-82, RD350 A/B 1973-75, RD350 LC 80-82, RZ350 80-82, RD400 1976-78, TX650 71-74, TX650 A 74-76, XS1, XS1b, XS2EBC equivalent 514 Vesrah equivalent VB-225
- Part #27-1007Fork Seal Set - 35 x 48 x 10.5/11 - Fits: 1977-84 XS 650's (35mm Fork Tubes). Made In Japan by OEM supplier.Also fits: RD350 LC YPVS 83-84, RD350 LCF 85, RD350 LC H 86-90, TZ350 76-78, RD400 F 79, XS400 J/K 82-83, XS400 DOHC 82-87, XS400 R Seca J/K 82-83, XS500 76-78, XS750D 77.Double springNote: Measure fork tubes be...
- Part #23-3113NGK Stock Number 8030, LB05FP Black NGK 5k Ohm Resistor Plug Cap. 90 degree elbow - for 14mm thread spark plugs with terminal stud. Rubber waterproof boot to seal out the elements. Same as LB05F except with a slightly longer rubber boot. Fits HONDA 1968-1973 350 CB350  ...
- Part #02-6501Damper Rubbers (Pk./2 for 1 sidecover) Fits: To 1" wide upper hanger for Metal side cover as used on XS650vSe/Sf/2F/G 1978-80. See web site model ID photo's of sidecovers if you are unsure of your sidecover type.Also fit DS7, R5, RD250, RD350
- Part #01-0651Brass Cylinder Head Washers - Can replace all cylinder head sealing washers or all Head Nut Washers used on any 650. 22mm. OD x 10.5mm. ID x 4mm. Thick This is a replacement for OEM # 90210-10004-00, it is not the same part. Mikes XS part # 01-0650 is the equivalent OEM part.
- Part #48-5019Carb Float Valve (Needle & Seat) - threaded type. Fits: XS2 (1972), TX650/A (1973-74), XS650B-F (1975-79) with stock Mikuni BS38 CV CarburetorsAlso fits:RD250 (DS6) and RD350 (R5) 70-72 OEM 168-14190-20-00, XS500 C/D 76-77, TX750A 73-74, XS1100 78-79
- Part #34-1902H 2.15x18 36 hole shouldered polished aluminum rim. Very hard to find. Classic 36 hole pattern will work with many vintage bikes. Works with XS650, XS400. This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money. Great for chopper, bobber projects. OEM reference number 94421-18146-00 for ref...
- Part #20-0033Gas Cap with keys - Fits: 1976-79 XS650 "Standard" models and our 64-7700 and 64-7702 Fuel Tanks. Note: Caps from "Standards" and "Specials" do not interchange.Fits most: RD400 (76-80), XS750 (77-79), XS850 (80-81), TX650A (74), XS650B (75), XS360C (76-77), XS500 (76-77), Also fits: RS100-DX, RS125, RD200, RX100, RX125
- Part #44-4810Float Needle Valve Assembly . Equivalent to OEM: 16030-017 16030-019 16030-025 23L-14107-25-002.5 Float Needle Valve Assembly found on Mikuni VM24- VM26 and VM28 carbs Fits Kawasaki Z1 KZ900 KZ1000 (77-80) KZ650 (77-81) Fits Yamaha TA-125, RD250 1973-75, RD350 1973-75 (OEM ), RD400 76-79, XS1B 1971...
- Part #34-3185WM 2.50x18x36 hole Black rim, aluminum.Very hard to find new. Classic 36 hole pattern will work with many vintage bikes. Works with XS650, XS400. This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money.Great for chopper, bobber and rat bike projects.DOT approved.
- Part #28-6306Front Wheel Bearing Kit Includes: (2) 6303-2RS Nachi ball bearing (with synthetic shields), (1) Front wheel Oil Seal - (SD-28-47-7), (1) Front Wheel Oil Seal - Speedo drive side - (SDO-45-56-6)Made in Japan - Highest Quality - make sure any you are comparing are made in Japan and same quality.Fits:RD350 A/B 1973-75, RD...
- Part #28-1026Swing arm bolt Grease Fitting - Replace original grease fittings with ones that fit to common American size grease guns. Fittings fit to ends of swing arm shaft (bolt). 2 required per bike. Fits: All 650's 1970-84Also fits Center Stand Bolt XS650 item #37-0001
- Part #28-1011Swing arm Needle Bearing Conversion Kit - Kit includes - Needle Bearings & Hardened shaft. Made in Japan.The needle bearings replace the original steel, plastic or bronze bushings. You do not need those in addition to this kit. Fits: XS/TX650's 1974-84, RD250 73-75, RD350 A/B 73-75, RD350 LC 80-82, RD350 LCYP...
- Part #27-1016Fork Seal Set - 34 x 46 x 10.5 - Fits: 1970-76 TX/XS 650's (34mm fork Tubes). Made In Japan by OEM Supplier.Also fits:DT250 74-78, DT250 MX 77-78, RD250 73-75, RD350 73-75, DT400 75-78, DT400 MX 77-79, RD400 76-78, TX500 73-74, XS500 75-78, TX650 A 74, XS750 1977Note: Measure fork tubes before ordering.
- Part #12-4035Ignition Switch with Keys - OEM Ref. # 256-82508-30/31,366-82508-30Fits: Yamaha XS1/XS1b/XS2 (1970-72), 1970-72 R5, 1970-72 DS7, 1973 TX650
- Part #08-4005Front Brake (RH side) Master Cylinder Replacement Lightweight (9.5oz.) Front Master Cylinder Assembly.Ideal for 77-84 Street Trackers or stock bikes with Single Disc brake.12.7.0mm. piston bore. Brake Light Switch and Banjo Bolt included.Reservoir has fluid level sight glass. Compact size.NOTE: This unit has an 8mm. mi...
- Part #08-0253Magura 13mm Brake (RH) Master Cylinder. Genuine Magura, made in Germany.Replaces original types on single disc brakes Yamaha XS650 1977-84, Standard and Special.Compact lightweight design, complete with brake switch, matching 10 x 1.0 Banjo Bolt and banjo bolt washers (2pc.) Ideal for street tracker or custom build use...
- Part #08-0251Magura Brake (RH) Master Cylinder Assembly 16mm. Replaces original types on All Yamaha XS650 and TX650's 1972-84. For front dual disc brakes 1977-84 Standard and Special, and single disc 1972-76.Compact lightweight design (10.3oz.), complete with brake switch, matching 10 x 1.0 Banjo Bolt and banjo bolt washers (2pc.)...
- Part #06-3607Shock Absorber Set - (Monza Traditional) standard size for 1974-84 XS650 TX650's - Dual Progressive wound Chrome Springs & Long Black top shroud with black shock body.12 3/4" (324mm.) eye to eye., Includes preload wrench & set of eye rubbers.Can be used as replacement on: Yamaha RD400 1976-79, XS400 1977-81,...
- Part #48-9150High quality Japanese 2 into 1 throttle cable. Motion Pro style cable with slimmer, rectangular shaped junction box. Can be used with aftermarket carbs. Total length is 46" tip to tip. Exposed cable length is 2" Part 51-9111 can be used when modifying rubber sheath.
- $9.93Part #48-8106Mikuni Pocket Tuner. A handy pocket-size calculator which can be used to determine required jetting changes in Mikuni carburetors due to climate and temperature changes. The Pocket Tuner is applicable to both single and multi-carb applications on two-stroke and four-stroke engines. It also has a guide for determining r...
- Part #40-4810Float Needle Valve Assembly: Fits: XS360 1976-77, XS400 1977-79, RD400 77 (OEM 1J7-14190-20-00), XT500 76-79 and 88, XS650 77-80, XS750 77-79, XS1100 78-79, RD250 LC 82, RD350 LC 82 2.0mm opening. Thread diameter = 10mm thread pitch = 1.0mm. Equivalent to Mikuni OEM: N122.032. These also fit VM29 VM33 Mikuni 29...
- Part #40-3901Clutch Friction Plate - Sold EACH Fits: XS360 1976-1977 XS400 1977-1982 not for 1982 XS400J or XS400RJ XS500 1975-1978 TX500 1973-1974 XS750 1978-1979 XJ550 1981-1983 XJ650 1980-1983 XJ700 1984-1984 XJ750 1981-1983 FJ600 1984-1985 FZ600 FZ750 FZR1000 RD350 and RD400 builders also use these plates. M...
- Part #12-0044Front Brake Light Switch - Fits:1976-84 XS650's OEM Ref.# 1AO-83980-30Also fits: RD400 76-79, XS400 77-84, XS500 76-78, XS750 77-79, XS850 80-81, XS1100 L 78-81
- $7.96Part #08-0111Brake Lever - (Black) - Fits: XS650 SE/F/2F/SF/SG/SH/SK/SL (78-84), and XS650S J/K Heritage Specials. Also fits: XS400 (78-81), SR500 (78-79), XJ650 Maxim (80-83), XJ650 L (81), XJ650 Seca (82), XS750 (78-79), XV750 Virago (81-830, XS850 (80-81), XJ1100 (82), XS1100 (78-81)SR500 (78-79)Fits our 08-0255/0265 Master Cyli...
- Part #44-2710Fork Seal set (2)Fits: RD400 1978-79, SR500 1978-93, XS650 1977-83, TX750 1973-74
- Part #34-3181H 1.85x18 36 hole shouldered aluminum rim BlackHard to find. Works with XS650, XS400 36 spoke hubs. Works with other vintage 36 spoke bikes but we cannot guarantee which. This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money.Dot approved.Great for chopper and bobber projects.Note: our...
- Part #34-0009H 1.85x18 36 hole shouldered polished aluminum rim.Very hard to find. Classic 36 hole pattern will work with many vintage bikes. Works with XS650, XS400.This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money.Great for chopper and bobber projects.DOT approved.Note: our spoke 19-0049 work...
- Part #29-3508Brake Pad Set - Front ( for 1 caliper ) - Round style with key tab. 48 x 8.8mm. Fits: XS650 B/C (1975-76), TX650 A (1973-76), & some XS2 (1972). Replaces OEM # 306-25811-05, 1A1-W0045. Kevlar Carbon Compound.Also works with most: RD250 73-77, RD350 74-75, RD400 76-78, TX500 73-75, XS500 75, TX750 73-76
- Part #28-6303Front Wheel Bearing - 6303-2RS Nachi ball bearing (with 2 synthetic shields)Made in Japan - Highest QualityFits:RD350 A/B 73-75, RD400 76-78, SR500 78-84, XV535 87-01, XV535S 96-97, TX650 A 74, XS650 75-83, XVS650 98-06, XS750 78080, XS850 80-81, TDM850 91-99, XS1100 78-81