R5 / RD250 / RD350 / RD400 Parts
The two-stroke bullies. In 1972 Yamaha released the 350cc R5. In the same year, Yamaha 250 and 350 twins left the four-stokes behind. A four-stroke motor would not win Daytona until 1985. The fact is Yamaha for the record won thirteen consecutive times. These small two-strokes could not be beat. These were production out of the box stock, powerful, high rpm motors that would take the harsh punishment that was built into a small, lightweight package. The earlier models were piston port induction up to the year 1973.
Yamaha then introduced the Reed Valve induction system creating even more controllable power. This design was certainly a people pleaser. RD’s became a top selling bike in the U.S. They were also known to become an excellent production-class road racer. The perfect choice for the privateer racer. The RD’s also had taken their place as the local street racer or custom Café bike to own.
In 1976 the RD350 was replaced by the increased piston displacement and stroke length of the RD400. This motorcycle also had it reigns on and off the track. Yamaha keeping its two-stroke “king of the hill” claim to fame until 1979 when the factory production street two-stroke journey came to its end.
One of the emerging trends over the last several years has been the ease in creating these two-stroke screamers into customized café and custom street machines or you can just do a complete restoration. MikesXS has a very experienced team of professionals that can help answer any questions you might have on your custom project.
Mikesxs.net was started in 2001 with the Yamaha rider in mind and has continuously been one of the largest and most comprehensive supplier of vintage Yamaha parts. MikesXS carries everything you need to service your motorcycle, including: high output charging systems (PMA kit), hard tail frames, big bore kits, petcocks, oem type oil filters, carburetor (carb) kits, brake calipers, clutch repair kits, master cylinders, gasket sets, 7/8 inch handlebars, cam chain guides and many other items! All of the inventory listed on our site is in stock and usually ships within 24 hours. We ship all over the world from the United States to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, UK, France, Germany and over 50 other countries
We are proud to have many of our parts manufactured for us by the very same factories that made the original OEM parts and we also support and carry parts from custom parts builders like Hugh's Handbuilt, Monster Craftsman, TC Bros, Pamco, XS Charge, Analog Cycles, Moto Gadget and many other custom motorcycle fabrication parts.
*please see product pages for specific fitment information
Items 1-48 of 186
- $7.96Part #08-0111Brake Lever - (Black) - Fits: XS650 SE/F/2F/SF/SG/SH/SK/SL (78-84), and XS650S J/K Heritage Specials. Also fits: XS400 (78-81), SR500 (78-79), XJ650 Maxim (80-83), XJ650 L (81), XJ650 Seca (82), XS750 (78-79), XV750 Virago (81-830, XS850 (80-81), XJ1100 (82), XS1100 (78-81)SR500 (78-79)Fits our 08-0255/0265 Master Cyli...
- Part #11-2250Tail Light Lens - Long Rectangular Type - Fits: Most 1980-84 XS650 "Specials" OEM Ref.# 1A8-84721-60 Not DOT approved for Highway use.Also fits: XS750D. XS850 1980, XS1100 E, and some other XS250, XS400, RD400, and SR500.
- Part #20-0033Gas Cap with keys - Fits: 1976-79 XS650 "Standard" models and our 64-7700 and 64-7702 Fuel Tanks. Note: Caps from "Standards" and "Specials" do not interchange.Fits most: RD400 (76-80), XS750 (77-79), XS850 (80-81), TX650A (74), XS650B (75), XS360C (76-77), XS500 (76-77), Also fits: RS100-DX, RS125, RD200, RX100, RX125
- Part #35-0665Mikuni carburetor Tuning Manual from Sudco. 92 page manual includes exploded parts views, parts listings and optional parts. Guides you through tuning and trouble shooting for the popular lines of Mikuni carburetors. The definite reference for Mikuni carburetors and a must for the do-it-yourself type. For Mikuni Pock...
- Part #20-0200Yamaha Vintage Petcock, 360-24500-00-00 Includes all seals and mounting hardware Applications: Replaces original part numbers 168-24500-02-00 or 360-24500-00-00 Yamaha RD250, RD350 73'-75' Yamaha RD125, RD200 74'-76' Yamaha R5, DS7 70'-72' Yamaha YR1, YR2, YR3 67'-69' Yamaha YCS1, YCS1C 68' Yamaha YDS6 69'-70' Ya...
- Part #08-0351Brake Master Cylinder Repair Kit (1A0-W0041-00-00) Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit Includes Spring, Seals Piston, clip, and the brass stopper washer Now you can rebuild your master cylinder at an affordable price This is for the 5/8 master cylinders. If you look on the bottom of your master cylinder and it has a "14"...
- $3.25Part #01-0651Brass Cylinder Head Washers - Can replace all cylinder head sealing washers or all Head Nut Washers used on any 650. 22mm. OD x 10.5mm. ID x 4mm. Thick This is a replacement for OEM # 90210-10004-00, it is not the same part. Mikes XS part # 01-0650 is the equivalent OEM part.
- Part #01-0652Front wheel Oil Seal - (SD-28-47-7-1) Fits: Front on All 650's 1973-84, RD350 A/B 73-75, RD400 76-78, SR500 78-84, XVS535 87-01, XVS535S 96-97, TX650A 74, XVS650 98-06, XS750 78-80, XS850 80-81, TDM850 91-99, XS1100 78-81
- Part #01-0653Front Wheel Oil Seal - Speedo drive side - (SDO-45-56-6). Fits: Front on All 650's 1973-84, RD350 A/B 73-75, RD400 76-78, SR500 78-84, XVS535 87-01, XVS535S 96-97, TX650A 74, XVS650 98-06, XS750 78-80, XS850 80-81, TDM850 91-99, XS1100 78-81
- Part #02-6501Damper Rubbers (Pk./2 for 1 sidecover) Fits: To 1" wide upper hanger for Metal side cover as used on XS650vSe/Sf/2F/G 1978-80. See web site model ID photo's of sidecovers if you are unsure of your sidecover type.Also fit DS7, R5, RD250, RD350
- Part #03-0732Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - Black face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination Halogen Backlit.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500
- Part #03-0740Mount Bracket - for Mini Tach/Speedo to handlebar (chrome clamp type).
- Part #03-0745Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - White face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. LED Internal illumination.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500 Cable 13"
- Part #03-0749Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - LED with Black face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500
- Part #03-0752Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 1.9" Diameter (48mm) - White Face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination. Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500see speedo's 03-0751, 03-0753
- Part #03-0755Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - White face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination. Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500
- Part #03-0759Smith's Style Tachometer to fit stock mount bracket on 1970-72 XS1/XS2 650's. Vintage Style with Black case,3.15" Diameter (80mm) Black face. 0-10,000 RPM with redline mark at 7,500 RPM. AMBER, Mechanical cable drive type (1:5 ratio). High Beam and Neutral light on face. Stud mount with Nylock Nuts and rubber dampe...
- Part #03-0766Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 1.9" Diameter (48mm) - Black Face,0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio. LED.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500see speedo's 03-0758, 03-0757
- Part #06-3607Shock Absorber Set - (Monza Traditional) standard size for 1974-84 XS650 TX650's - Dual Progressive wound Chrome Springs & Long Black top shroud with black shock body.12 3/4" (324mm.) eye to eye., Includes preload wrench & set of eye rubbers.Can be used as replacement on: Yamaha RD400 1976-79, XS400 1977-81,...
- Part #06-3627Shock Absorber Set - (Monza Standard) for 1974-84 XS/TX650's - Chrome Springs, cap with chrome shock body. 12 3/4" (324mm.) eye to eye. Includes preload wrench & set of eye rubbers.*** Note - the top is painted a chrome color, and not chrome plated
- Part #06-3647Shock Absorber Set - (Monza Sport) for 1974-84 XS/TX650's -Dual progressive wound Chrome Springs & Chrome top shroud with Black shock body.12.75" (324mm.) eye to eye., Includes preload wrench & set of eye rubbers.
- Part #08-0014Clutch Lever (Silver) - Fits: XS2 (72), TX650/A (73-74), and XS650 B/C/D (75-77) OEM Ref.# 583/1J3-83912-10, 214-83912-00Also fits: RD125 75-77, RD200 74-76, RD250 73-77, RD350 73-75, TZ350 76-78, XS360 76-77, RD400 C/D/E 76-78, XS400 77-78, TX500 73-74, XS500 75-78, TX750 73-74, TZ750 74 & 77, XS750 77-78.
- Part #08-0132Brake Lever (Silver) - Fits: XS1/XS1b (1970-71). OEM Ref.#'s 233-83922-30, 233-83922-31, 2A6-83922-00, 583-83922-10, and 583-83922-30Also fits: R5 70-72, DS7 71-72, RD125 75-77, YZ80 & TY80 74-78, MX100 & DT100 74-80, MX125 & DT125 74-76, YZ250 & DT250 & TY250 & MX250 74-77, RM80 78-81, RM100 &...
- Part #08-0251Magura Brake (RH) Master Cylinder Assembly Replaces original types on All Yamaha XS650 and TX650's 1972-84. For front dual disc brakes 1977-84 Standard and Special, and single disc 1972-76.Compact lightweight design (10.3oz.), complete with brake switch, matching 10 x 1.0 Banjo Bolt and banjo bolt washers (2pc.) Ideal...
- Part #08-0253Magura 13mm Brake (RH) Master Cylinder. Genuine Magura, made in Germany.Replaces original types on single disc brakes Yamaha XS650 1977-84, Standard and Special.Compact lightweight design, complete with brake switch, matching 10 x 1.0 Banjo Bolt and banjo bolt washers (2pc.) Ideal for street tracker or custom build use...
- Part #08-0255Master Cylinder Assembly - 13mm. bore (for single Front disc brake) Yamaha OEM type. Complete with brake lever, brake light switch, banjo bolt and banjo bolt washers (Pr.). Recommended for 1977-84 XS650's Mirror mount has left hand Threads.For single disc brake.Also fits RD250, RD350, RD400, XS750 Standard 1977-79, XS8...
- $83.94Part #08-4005Front Brake (RH side) Master Cylinder Replacement Lightweight (9.5oz.) Front Master Cylinder Assembly.Ideal for 77-84 Street Trackers or stock bikes with Single Disc brake.12.7.0mm. piston bore. Brake Light Switch and Banjo Bolt included.Reservoir has fluid level sight glass. Compact size.NOTE: This unit has an 8mm. mi...
- Part #08-6008Early brake Caliper with pads assembly (72-76) Fits Right or Left side XS650OEM reference number: 306-25810-09-00Also fits: RD350 73
- Part #09-0013Universal adjustable 3 Hole Custom style Headlight Brackets - Chrome Steel 11mm. mount holes. Will work with forks from 32mm to 38mm.
- Part #09-0020Universal adjustable 3 Hole Steel Custom style Headlight Brackets -Black Finish, 11mm. mount holes. Will work with forks from 32mm to 38mm.
- Part #10-2004Fuse Holder with space for spare fuse( 30mm.) Correct terminals(both have male ends) to replace fuse holder as used on all 1970-79"Standard" XS650 models. Comes with 20 amp fuse.R5, DS7, RD250, RD350, RD400
- $30.91Part #10-2006XS650 Fuse Boxes located on top of the battery are a part of the original wiring harness and have not been available separate, we now offer a copy of this box as shown plus matching terminal block & terminals + the battery top cover it attaches to. Cut the old fuse box from your main harness, attach the connector b...