You mention the word fun. The Yamaha SR500 was in this class. In 1976 Yamaha developed the XT500 a single cylinder 500cc OHC dirt bike. With its success, Yamaha engineers were challenged to produce the street version SR500 with the styling image of its predecessor the XS650 which was inspired by British design. It was one that would not come easy. The prototype version of the SR500 produced a twisted angle to Yamahas Tech director. Easy starting became a priority and the development of the internal compression release and TDC sight window was developed.
If you would like a definition of this “THUMPER” it would have to be defined as a powerful, sure footed, light on its feet pleasure to ride motorcycle. The motorcycle was small due to the narrow, dry sump, SOHC and 84mm long stroke motor. The oil tank reservoir was incorporated into the upper back bone tube of the frame. The SR500 was delivered with alloy rims along with front and rear disc brakes. This achieved a superior braking force due to the smaller frame size and total weight.
One of the emerging trends over the last several years has been the ease in which the SR500 can be customized into a chopper, bobber, brat, cafe racer or you can just do a complete restoration. MikesXS has a very experienced team of professionals that can help answer any questions you might have on your custom project.
Mikesxs.net was started in 2001 with the Yamaha rider in mind and has continuously been one of the largest and most comprehensive supplier of vintage Yamaha parts. MikesXS carries everything you need to service your motorcycle, including: high output charging systems (PMA kit), hard tail frames, big bore kits, petcocks, oem type oil filters, carburetor (carb) kits, brake calipers, clutch repair kits, master cylinders, gasket sets, 7/8 inch handlebars, cam chain guides and many other items! All of the inventory listed on our site is in stock and usually ships within 24 hours. We ship all over the world from the United States to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, UK, France, Germany and over 50 other countries
We are proud to have many of our parts manufactured for us by the very same factories that made the original OEM parts and we also support and carry parts from custom parts builders like Hugh's Handbuilt, Monster Craftsman, TC Bros, Pamco, XS Charge, Analog Cycles, Moto Gadget and many other custom motorcycle fabrication parts.
*please see product pages for specific fitment information
Items 1-48 of 67
- Part #19-0506Hugh's Yamaha XS650 SR500 Solid Riser BushingsSet of 4 Bushings and O-RingsMachined from 6061 AluminumStainless Hardware for RisersA must have. Get rid of that sloppy rubberBrushed Aluminum FinishMachined in-house from solid 6061 Aluminum, these new solid bushing include rubber o-rings to help fight vibrations and prov...
- Part #41-3902Clutch Spring Set (6 pcs) SR500 1978-85Also fits: YZ250 88-98, XT500 1978-88, XV750 81-97, XV920 82-83, XV1000 82-85The following use 5 of the 6 springs: YZ125 91-11, XT250 09-10, XT350 90-98, XZ550 82, XJ550 83, XJ600 84, XJ600 N 95-02, XJ600 S 92-99, XJ650 80-83, XJ750 81-83, XV750 81-97, XV920 82-83, XV1000 82-85
- Part #41-3901Clutch Disk SR500 1978-84 Sold EACH. The SR500 uses 8 pieces.Also fits: XT500 1976-81 (needs 8), SR250 Exciter 80-83 (only needs 6 plates), XZ550R 82-83 (8), XT600 84-95 (6), XS850 1980-81 (7),
- Part #41-2860Swing Arm Bearing set SR500SR500 1978-81 1982-93, XT500 1976-81
- Part #41-2201Front Sprocket 16Tx530SR500 Front, XS500Also fits Suzuki: GS400 X 77-78, GS425 79, GS450 E 80-83, GS450 L 80-83 & 85, GS450 S 80-81, GS450 T 81-82, GS450 TX 82-83, GS550 77079, GS550 Spoke 80, GS550 ES 83-85, GS550 E MAG 78-80,GS550 L 81-83 & 85 ,GS550 M 82, GS 550 L MAG 79-80, GS550 T 81, GS550 E3S 84, GS550 E...
- Part #41-1504Oil Filter SR500Also fits: SR250 79-84, SR250 Exciter 80-82, XT250 80-84, XV250 Virago 91-09, SR400, XT400 81-84, XT400 E 91, XV400 Virago 87-94, XVS400 Drag Star/Classic 96-08, XZ400 D81-82, TT500 76-81, XT500 76-83, XV500 Virago 83-84, XV535 Virago 87-02, XZ550 Vision 82-83, SRX600 85-90, TT600 83-92, TT600RE 04, XT6...
- $9.95Part #41-150352mm Universal Clamp on Air FilterFits: Yamaha SR500, TT500, XT500, XJ650, XJ900, XS750 & XS850 & XS1100 through 1979Also fits:Honda CB400 N/T, CB650 Z, CB750 K Kawasaki KZ250, KZ400 B/G/L, ZR400, KZ440 A/C/D/H, KZ550 G/H, GPz550, ZR550, KZ650 Suzuki GS400 S, GSX400 E/F/L, GT500, GS550 E/M, GT750
- $9.93Part #48-8106Mikuni Pocket Tuner. A handy pocket-size calculator which can be used to determine required jetting changes in Mikuni carburetors due to climate and temperature changes. The Pocket Tuner is applicable to both single and multi-carb applications on two-stroke and four-stroke engines. It also has a guide for determining r...
- Part #40-3901Vesrah Clutch Friction Plate - Sold EACHFull set for XS400 is 7 plates/disks. Fits:XV250 P/PC-W1/W1C XV250 G/GC-K/KC Route 66 95-98 XS360 76-77 XS400 D/E/F 77-79 XS4002E/2F 78-79 XS400 G/H Special XS400 SG/SH/SJ Special SR500 E/F/G/H TX500 A FJ600 L/LC/N/NC 84-85 FZ600 S/SC/T/TC/U/UC 86-88 FZ600 SS/SSC/ST/STC FZ600 T/T...
- Part #35-0665Mikuni carburetor Tuning Manual from Sudco. 92 page manual includes exploded parts views, parts listings and optional parts. Guides you through tuning and trouble shooting for the popular lines of Mikuni carburetors. The definite reference for Mikuni carburetors and a must for the do-it-yourself type.For Mikuni Pocket...
- Part #34-1902H 2.15x18 36 hole shouldered polished aluminum rim. Very hard to find. Classic 36 hole pattern will work with many vintage bikes. Works with XS650, XS400. This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money. Great for chopper, bobber projects. OEM reference number 94421-18146-00 for refe...
- Part #20-0034Fits: 1978-84 Yamaha XS650 "Specials" Note: Caps from "Standards" and "Specials" do not interchange.Will work with other Specials models: XS400 Specials, XS750 Specials, XS850 Specials, XS1100 Specials, and SR500 78-79 (latch depth adjusted)OEM reference #4R0-24602-01-00
- $7.96Part #08-0111Brake Lever - (Black) - Fits: XS650 SE/F/2F/SF/SG/SH/SK/SL (78-84), and XS650S J/K Heritage Specials. Also fits: XS400 (78-81), SR500 (78-79), XJ650 Maxim (80-83), XJ650 L (81), XJ650 Seca (82), XS750 (78-79), XV750 Virago (81-830, XS850 (80-81), XJ1100 (82), XS1100 (78-81)SR500 (78-79)Fits our 08-0255/0265 Master Cyli...
- Part #61-2030Great battery for your custom cafe racer and bobber projects. Much smaller and lighter than lead acid batteries, comes with packing to fit the battery box. The manufacturer expects Li-on batteries to last on average about twice as long as a lead acid battery in the same application, making the effective cost differenti...
- Part #56-0046IZUMI Rear Drive Chain - 530HT x 104 Link.- Japanese made - Premium Quality This is the stock length on 1974-84 XS650's with 17T/34T standard sprockets.High Tensile Motorcycle Chain with Nickel Plated Sideplates.XS360 XS400 SR500 standard sizeYamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda.
- Part #56-0039IZUMI Rear Drive Chain - ES530H x 104 Link.This is the stock length on 1974-84 XS650's with 17T/34T standard sprockets.Heavy Duty Motorcycle Chain - Japanese Made Superior QualityXS360 XS400 SR500 standard size Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda.
- Part #56-0024IZUMI ES530HSDC x 104 (Heavy Super Duty O-Ring Chain)Superior Quality - Made in JapanThis is the stock chain Length for 1974-84 Yamaha XS650's with 17T/34T standard Sprockets.XS360 XS400 SR500 standard size Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda.
- Part #52-4008Cam Chain - Daido 219FTSS x 106 with rivet link. Pitch .3061" (7.774mm.) Fits: TX/XS650's 1974-84 (36 tooth cam). The latest high strength cam chain from D.I.D. for late XS650's. Made in Japan.Also fits: SR500 E/F/G/H 78-81, XT500 C/D/E/F/G/H Dual Sport 76-81Installation Note: Cam Chain IS absolutely correct original b...
- Part #44-2710Fork Seal set (2)Fits: RD400 1978-79, SR500 1978-93, XS650 1977-83, TX750 1973-74
- Part #35-0651Haynes Manual SR500, XT500, TT500, 1975 to 1981.Clear instructions and hundreds of photographs to help you perform anything from simple maintenance to basic repairs. Includes: Routine maintenance, Tune-up procedures, Engine, Clutch and Transmission Repair, Fuel and Exhaust, Ignition and Electrical, Brakes and Wheels,...
- Part #34-1802H 1.85x19 36 hole shouldered polished aluminum rim.Very hard to find. Classic 36 hole pattern will work with many vintage bikes. Works with XS650. This is a quality rim comparable to what you see on other sites for much more money.Great for chopper, bobber projects.OEM reference # 94418-19145-00 given for replacemen...
- Part #09-0016GB Cafe Headlight Bracket Set. - Polished Aluminum - Fits: 35mm, 39mm and 41mm with shims Fork tubes as used on 1977-84 XS650's. 11mm. mount holes. Approximately 4 1/2 inches from center of fork tube mount hole to center of headlight attachment hole.Bikes with standard 35mm forks: XS400 Maxim 82-83, SR500 E/F/G/H 78...
- Part #08-0219Front Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit - OEM # 535-W0041-60, 535-20000-60 Fits: Front Master Cylinder Assembly on All XS650 Models D-L (1977-84) with single front disc brake.Note: This Kit does Not fit earlier 650 models.Also Fits: XS360 C 76-79, XS400 77-81, SR500 78-82, XS500 76-78,
- Part #08-0134Clutch lever (Silver) 78-83 with finger indentations.Also compatible with: XS400 79-81, XS400 S 81, SR500 78-79, XJ550 Seca 81-83, XJ650 L 81, XJ650 Maxim 80-83, XJ650 R Seca 82, XS750 E/F 78-79, XV750 Virago 81-83, XS1100 L/S 78-81.08-0118 is matching brake lever.
- Part #08-0118Brake lever (silver) 77-84. With finger indentions.Also compatible with: XS400 79-81, SR500 78-79, XJ550 Seca 81-83, XJ650 Maxim 80-83, XJ650 L 81, XJ650 R Seca 82, XS750 E/F 78-79, XV750 Virago 81-83, XS850 80-81, XJ1100 82, XS1100 L/S 78-8108-0134 is matching clutch lever.*** has finger indentions
- Part #06-3607Shock Absorber Set - (Monza Traditional) standard size for 1974-84 XS650 TX650's - Dual Progressive wound Chrome Springs & Long Black top shroud with black shock body.12 3/4" (324mm.) eye to eye., Includes preload wrench & set of eye rubbers.Can be used as replacement on: Yamaha RD400 1976-79, XS400 1977-81,...
- Part #03-0755Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - White face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination. Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500
- Part #03-0752Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 1.9" Diameter (48mm) - White Face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination. Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500see speedo's 03-0751, 03-0753
- Part #03-0749Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - LED with Black face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500
- Part #03-0745Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - White face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. LED Internal illumination.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500 Cable 13"
- Part #03-0732Tachometer - Chrome Mini - 2.25" Diameter (60mm) - Black face, 0-12,000 RPM for Yamaha 650's. Internal illumination Halogen Backlit.Mechanical (cable drive) type. 1:5 ratio.Other bikes with 1:5 ratio: XS360, XS400, RD350, RD400, SR500
- Part #01-0653Front Wheel Oil Seal - Speedo drive side - (SDO-45-56-6). Fits: Front on All 650's 1973-84, RD350 A/B 73-75, RD400 76-78, SR500 78-84, XVS535 87-01, XVS535S 96-97, TX650A 74, XVS650 98-06, XS750 78-80, XS850 80-81, TDM850 91-99, XS1100 78-81